Fitbit Review – The #1 Wireless Pedometer, Activity And Sleep Tracker
I want to share with you my favorite new little gadget for the summer, Fitbit. Both Tony Robbins and Tim Ferriss both rave about this wireless pedometer, activity and sleep tracker. Tim Ferriss mentioned it in his The 4 Hour Body book and Tony Robbins in his The Path To Permanent Weight Loss program. I decided to invest in it recently and have been loving it so far In fact, I never leave the house without it. I use it to track my daily activity, steps I’ve taken, calories burned, my sleep quality, and even weight and body measurements. You attach this little gadget onto your pants, pocket, belt or bra, and everything is automatically synced to their website when you’re nearby your computer. I recorded a Fitbit review video below that shares more about my experience with it and I even share the results I’ve experienced over a few weeks of using it on their website.
What Is Fitbit?
Fitbit is a wireless pedometer, activity and sleep tracker that monitors and tracks your daily activity to make sure that you have improved health and fitness. This little device will track everything from calories burned, the number of steps you’ve taken that day, distance travelled, as well as how long you’ve slept and the quality of sleep that you’re getting. The biggest benefit that I’ve found from having my Fitbit is that it ENCOURAGES me to move and exercise more. The website gives you daily activity goals which encourage me to reach. I’ve noticed myself unconsciously taking the stairs more often, walking to places and moving around more. It’s remarkable to track your progress on a daily basis and see how much of an impact this device can have. Fitbit has really made exercising and moving more fun and enjoyable, rather than a gruelling chore. The cool thing is that Fitbit also has an online community where you can interact with others, earn fitness badges, share fitness goals, and receive advice and motivation.
Here’s a list of the benefits and features:
- Tracks Your Daily Activity. Fitbit has a 3D motion senor that tracks your daily activity. It’s fairly advanced and doesn’t miss any movements you’ve made, which most pedometers do. As long as you wear it close to your body, it will track how many steps you’ve taken, stairs you’ve climbed, distance travelled, calories burned, and even your overall intensity level. Simply attach it to your pants, belt, pocket, or bra.
- Tracks Your Sleeping Patterns. Fitbit tracks your sleeping patterns, including how long you’ve slept and the overall quality of your sleep. It’s 3D motion senors will track how many times you woke up or your movement levels while asleep.
- Proven Results. Fitbit gets you results. Based on research, Fitbit users take 43% more steps throughout their day and lose 13 lbs of fat on average.
- Wirelessly Syncs Data To Fitbit.com. Fitbit wirelessly syncs and uploads any data to your computer and the Fitbit website within 15 feet of your computer. This means you don’t have to use any plugs or cables.
- Tracks Your Fitness Trends And Goals. The Fitbit website provides you with detailed reports and analysis of your activity levels and sleep patterns. It has many amazing tools and resources to help you stay motivated and track your fitness goals. You can see exactly how you’re progressing and what adjustments you need to make. It’s important to track your progress and results when wanting to get in better shape, and Fitbit does that.
- Online Community. Fitbit has an online community on their website where you can make new friends and invite existing friends to the community. It integrates with Facebook and other social media outlets.
- Logs Food And Workouts. Fitbit logs your food, workouts and other activities on their website. It tracks everything you need to track in order to achieve your health and fitness goals. You can even track your weight, body fat, glucose levels, blood pressure, and more. It makes it easy for weight loss management.
- Free Mobile Tools. Fitbit has free mobile tools that you can use, such as apps that you can download on your smart phone (iPhone and Android). With your smart phone, you’ll easily be able to access your data from the Fitbit website and track everything from your smart phone as well.
- Integrates With Other Apps. Fitbit also integrates with other apps like: LoseIt!, RunKeeper and Microsoft HealthVault.
- 1 Year Warranty. All Fitbit products are backed by a 1-year warranty.
Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One or Fitbit Zip?
Fitbit has three primary products: Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One and Fitbit Zip. Fitbit Flex is the most recent one that was released, which is a wristband that you can wear around your wrist. Fitbit One is the gadget that I have in my Fitbit review video, which you attach to your pants, belt, pocket, or bra. Fitbit Zip is similar to the One, but less expensive and has less features. While I have the Fitbit One and showed it in the video, I recently upgraded to the Fitbit Flex. I like the idea of having a wrist band and think it looks cool. You also don’t have to take it on and off as much, especially when you wake up in the morning. The Fitbit One comes with a wrist band that you attach the device to while you’re asleep to track your sleeping data, but I’d prefer to just use the Fitbit Flex instead.
While I haven’t received the Fitbit Flex yet as I recently ordered it to upgrade, the Fitbit One is pretty awesome. It’s a matter of personal preference, as the Fitbit Flex is more noticeable. With the Fitbit One or Zip, nobody notices it on your as it’s so small and discreet. Either way, the Flex and the One accomplish what I want to use it for, so I’d recommend either of those options. They also have something called Fitbit Aria which is a scale that tracks your weight and body fat, automatically syncing to the website also. Fitbit Aria will be my next purchase, as I’ll easily be able to track my weight and body fat without having to write it down at the gym and record it in a journal. I’d much rather just use the Fitbit website to track everything all in one place. I’ll be sure to post a review of Fitbit Aria as soon as I get it!
Where To Buy Fitbit?
The best place to buy Fitbit is on their website. They offer FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50 and deliver it very fast. It’s also easiest to order from them incase you need to send it back for whatever reason (they have a 45 day refund period). Their website also offers the best prices I’ve found anywhere else, and you can choose whatever color you want.
I hope this Fitbit review really demonstrated the benefits of this cool device. Overall, it was one of the best investments I’ve made in awhile, up there with my Omega J8004 Juicer and Vitamix blender. It’s really enhanced my health and fitness for the better, it’s amazing what technology can do! If you’re looking to improve your health and get in better shape, you won’t be disappointed with it.
This page contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I only ever endorse products that I have personally used and benefitted from personally. Thank you for your support!