One thing that has helped me immensely in my life has been creating a mission statement.
A mission statement is a phrase or sentence that represents the purpose of your life. It's something that empowers you, as it reminds you of what you're made for and what your life is about.
I created a powerful mission statement for my life when I attended Date With Destiny with Tony Robbins back in 2012. I still remember being in an audience with thousands of people, all chanting our new mission statements for our lives!
My mission statement is something that has guided me throughout my life since. I remind myself of it on a daily basis, and whenever I do, I get chills.
In this video blog, I'll share with you what my mission statement is and how you can create your own mission statement for your life.
Watch the video below:
My Mission Statement
This is the mission statement that I say to myself aloud everyday:
I, Stefan Pylarinos, see, know, hear and feel that the purpose of my life is to be even more fully alive, grow and make a difference in the lives of others!
There's a few things that I want to point out as guidelines for creating your own mission statement, as given in the example above.
- Make sure your mission statement is short and can be spoken easily as an incantation. Avoid having a long paragraph that is difficult to remember, but instead try to make it shorter and shorter so that it's something you can repeat to yourself over and over again.
- Use empowering language such as, “I, _________, see, know, hear and feel that the purpose of my life is __________!” By phrasing it this way, it's something that you can repeat again and again to yourself.
- Make your mission statement include “be” and “do” statements. Who do you want to ultimately be in your life? What do you want to ultimately do?
- Include yourself and OTHERS in your mission statement. Make sure that it isn't just about you, but about serving and contributing to others as well.
- Make sure that your mission statement is something that you can experience DAILY. Don't make it something that can only be experienced sometime in the future.
- Make sure that your mission statement emotionally charges you. Use words and language that inspire you. When you read it out loud or repeat it to yourself, it should give you chills and fill your body with excitement!
- Use pre-suppositions in your mission statement. For example, in my above example, I say “to be even more fully alive”. Notice the words “even more” – that pre-supposes that I already feel fully alive each day. So instead of saying “to be happy”, use a pre-supposition and say “to be even more happy”. It's more powerful for your brain, trust me!
To create a mission statement for your life, put yourself in a peak state and fill in the sentence below:
I, ____________, see, know, hear and feel that the purpose of my life is _______________!
Don't worry about it being perfect. You can always improve, change or modify it later.
Just pick a PURPOSE for your life and create a mission statement that inspires you for the time being. It's better to pick something, then have no purpose at all.
Finally, make sure that you speak out loud your mission statement everyday. Use a lot of energy and emotion when you say it. This will help to engrain it into your subconscious mind and make it apart of you.
What is the mission statement for your life?
I'd love to hear more about what it is. Leave a comment below!
Please subscribe below to get automatic updates of my latest video blogs:
- Click Here to Subscribe via E-mail.
- Click Here to Subscribe via YouTube
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
Thank you so much for your support, and if you have yet to leave a rating or review, please leave me an honest one on iTunes, YouTube or below on the blog. I appreciate it!