This video blog will reveal to you a simple exercise that will show you how to get motivated right now!
This is a follow-up to my popular video blog called My Motivation Secret, which provides a practical exercise that you can complete in just a few minutes to light a fire under your ass.
Watch the video below:
(Click here to watch on YouTube)
Do This Exercise To Get Motivated Now
As I've mentioned in this video, as well as in My Motivation Secret video blog, the secret to motivation is finding your WHY.
Once you know what you want, you then need to know WHY you want it. It's the REASONS behind your outcome or goal that will drive you to achieve it.
This simple exercise is designed for you to think of as many reasons WHY you want your goal as you can think of. The more reasons, the better.
While doing this process, you'll discover a few really BIG REASONS that will be your “driving force” that you'll have more emotion associated to than the others. By completing this exercise, you'll notice your motivation and desire to take action towards your goal will be extremely high.
After that, you just have to continually remind yourself of these reasons.
1. What is your goal or outcome?
You have to know this first and foremost. Get clear on what your goal or outcome is, specifically. You can also use this exercise towards a habit or action that you want to take that you've been procrastinating on, such as going to the gym. However, having a specific goal or outcome that is compelling is more effective.
2. WHY do you want this? Make a list of at least 100 reasons WHY you want this goal.
Take out your pen and paper and start writing out your list. Commit to making a list of at least 100 – yes, 100 reasons!
It may be challenging, but the point is to stretch yourself and force yourself to do it. By forcing yourself to come up with these reasons, it will get your brain even more motivated towards achieving it.
Here's some simple questions you can use to help you come up with your reasons:
- Why do I want this goal?
- Why is this goal a MUST for me to achieve?
- What are all the benefits of achieving this goal?
- How will achieving this goal enhance every area of my life?
- What are the consequences of NOT achieving this goal?
My List Of 100 Reasons WHY I Will Achieve My Goal
One of the goals that I set for myself this year is to compete in a fitness competition and be 5-6% body fat.
Below are the 100 reasons that I have for achieving this goal that get me motivated:
- To feel more confident.
- To be able to look in the mirror and feel proud and smile.
- To have more energy, be more vibrant and alive.
- To be able to inspire others.
- To be able to show myself and others what is possible.
- To be ripped and have a six pack.
- Because I believe my body is my temple.
- Because I believe if you can never fully love yourself, until you love your own body.
- Because I want my body to reflect the soul that I know I am inside.
- Because I believe we only get 1 shot in this life and I want to make it count and maximize the potential of my body!
- To feel more attractive and sexy.
- To look better in the clothes that I wear.
- To have the athletic ability to perform at sports in a high level.
- To be able to attract an amazing, high quality woman in my life.
- To build my self-esteem and self-worth.
- To be able to one day create a product on health/fitness.
- To develop my discipline and habits.
- To feel happier and more joyful.
- To have more endurance and strength.
- To be accountable to what I committed to on my blog.
- To be a role model to others.
- To live longer.
- To never have to worry about disease or illness.
- To be able to go to the beach, take off my shirt and look amazing.
- To be able to get some great quality photos to be proud of.
- So I can be lean and start putting on muscle more efficiently.
- To grow and fulfill my potential as a human being.
- Because I believe people people's body's are a reflection of their lifestyle.
- To live life at a high standard.
- To NEVER settle for less than I am capable of being.
- By not taking achieving this goal, I am not becoming who I'm meant to be.
- To be on purpose in my life.
- By not achieving this goal, I will never attract the quality of woman or relationship that I want.
- To be attractive to my partner.
- To NEVER again go back to an unhealthy, unfit, fat body.
- If I don't do this, I will potentially get sick and suffer from a disease.
- To no longer feel embarrassed or unhappy about how I look.
- If I don't do this, I will be a failure.
- If I don't do this, I will let others down that are counting on me.
- If I don't do this, it will LOWER my self-esteem and confidence.
- Not taking care of my body is a slap in the face to my Creator.
- To nourish, respect and take care of the Gift that my Creator has given me.
- To be the best I can be.
- To have better sex.
- To be able to teach and give fitness advice to others.
- Inspire others through my transformation.
- By not doing this, I will lose credibility and respect amongst my blog followers.
- To be in the top 1%.
- To be able to walk by and get attention from others.
- To be able to do a photo shoot.
- To have the identity as a “fitness model”.
- By not doing this, I will settle in other areas of my life as well.
- My standards with my body will affect other standards in my life.
- Deep down I will never be happy if I don't have the body I deserve.
- To be fulfilled.
- To love myself more – I believe exercise is self-love.
- To always be young.
- To be able to be around to play with my kids and grand kids one day.
- So I can compete in the WBFF and feel proud.
- So I can do Tough Mudder in the future.
- To be able to compete in other fitness shows.
- By not doing this, it will bring down the other areas of my life.
- Others will judge me if I don't do this.
- To NEVER go back to Binge Eating again.
- To NEVER be fat or overweight again.
- Because I believe nothing tastes as good as being healthy and fit feels!
- To be able to give more to others.
- To be able to naturally attract the type of woman that I want.
- For others to be proud of me.
- To feel more powerful and confident when I approach a woman.
- Failure to take care of my body will lead to cancer or heart disease.
- So I can live to be at least 100 years old.
- To be able to see my abs clearly and have them razor-sharp.
- By not achieving this goal, I will have wasted countless hours of my life in the gym.
- By not achieving this goal, I will have wasted a lot of money on food and supplements.
- By achieving this goal, I will make more money in my business.
- Because it will be FUN!
- Because I believe life is about BECOMING MORE.
- By not doing what I committed to, others lose trust in me.
- If I don't achieve this, how can I expect myself to achieve anything else I set my mind to?
- Not achieving my goals leads to habits of failure.
- Because I'm no longer willing to settle for a mediocre life.
- Because I want the best out of what life has to offer.
- By growing physically, I am growing mentally and spiritually also.
- To build healthy habits for a lifetime.
- To become more knowledgable about the human body.
- To become better at sports and all physical activities.
- To help me get rid of stress and use exercise as therapy.
- To be able to have PROOF of my transformation and inspire others with it on my blog.
- To have my before and after pictures to look back upon for the rest of my life.
- To never have to live with the REGRET of what I could have been!
- To not waste time and “someday” achieve this goal, but to achieve it NOW.
- To be consistent with my identity as an achiever.
- To have a balanced life.
- Because I deserve it!
- To provide my body with the right nutrition and fuel it needs to perform at its best.
- To develop the habits of healthy eating for a lifetime.
- To attract more amazing, high quality, likeminded people into my life.
- The pain and disappointment of NOT achieving my goal will be too immense. 99
- Because I am destined for greatness and anything less is not acceptable for me.
That's 100 reasons right there for me!
Do you see why I'm so motivated right now?
By doing this simple exercise, I now have a list of 100 reasons WHY achieving my goals is a must. This provides fuel for the fire and by constantly reminding myself of these reasons, I will be more motivated and take more massive action.
What if you did this for yourself, what would your motivation be like?
What if you came up with a list of 100 reasons for ALL of your goals?