I have created a new and improved version of K Money Mastery which is called, Mastering Book Publishing!
Every month, I write a detailed monthly report about the progress that I'm making towards the goals and resolutions that I publicly stated on my blog earlier in the year. This is my February 2015 Monthly Goals Report, which goes over each goal that I set and the progress that I've made on them so far.
Since I started sharing my Monthly Goals Reports last year, I received such an amazing response from people on my blog. People have been sharing with me how much I've inspired them or how helpful it's been for them by me openly sharing my progress. It's my hope that you can take away something from this report that will help inspire you to achieve your own goals.
Watch My February 2015 Monthly Goals Report:
[smart_track_player url=”http://www.buzzsprout.com/9299/254094-plm-121-my-february-2015-monthly-goals-report.mp3″ ]
My 2015 Goals Breakdown
I’m now going to go into each goal that I committed to for 2015 in detail and share exactly where I’m at with it. Also, be sure to check out the original 2015 goals and resolution video blog and my previous Monthly Goal Reports to compare my progress.
Health & Fitness
1. I will easily gain 13 lbs (aiming for 7-8 lbs being muscle) and weigh 165 lbs by July 31, 2015.
Result: Gained 2 lbs, around 159 lbs.
Previous Month: 157 lbs
Right now I'm working with a personal trainer to gain muscle mass and get bigger. I understand that I'll gain a bit of fat in the process, as I'll be eating more, but I still want to ensure I don't gain too much fat and mainly focus on building muscle.
I've gained 2 lbs so far in February, but it's mainly because I've switched up my diet and I'm eating a lot more. Some of it is fat, some of it is muscle, and some of it is water/glycogen/more food in my body. Now my weight gain should be a bit more stable.
2. I will easily lose 5 lbs of fat and be 160 lbs, athletic and ripped by December 31, 2015.
Result: No progress yet
I'll be starting this goal later in the year, after I finish my “bulk” (see goal above).
3. I will easily complete a 7-10 day cleanse using The Total Wellness Cleanse by December 31, 2015.
Result: No progress yet
Every year I do a 7-10 day cleanse to give my body a break. I enjoy The Total Wellness Cleanse, as I've done it a few times, but any raw food/juicing cleanse really nourishes my body and does wonders for it. I will be doing this later in the year.
4. I will easily do yoga 4 times per month by December 31, 2015.
Result: 1 time1
I only did 1 yoga class in February. Definitely not acceptable and I need to push myself to going more consistently, as I love the benefits I get from it and it's a habit I want in my life long-term.
5. I will easily make at least $1,000,000 ($84,000 per month) by December 31, 2015.
Last Month: $77,169.61
I'm gunning to make $1,000,000 this year! So far I'm off to a great start with January and February making over $70,000. I know that those numbers will increase as the months go on, as many of the projects I'll be launching will bring in significant money.
I know that if I successfully launch the various projects that I have listed below that I'll be able to achieve this goal – I just need to focus on taking massive action and helping as many people as possible. The more people that I add value to and serve, the more comes back to me!
This income is comprised of a number of businesses and income streams that I have, such as:
- Kindle Publishing
- Information Products & Courses
- Affiliate Marketing
- Promoting other courses, products & services
- Coaching, Consulting & Events
- Amazon Physical Products
- Miscellaneous Income Streams
- Real Estate Investments
6. I will easily invest at least $10,000 per month by December 31, 2015.
Result: Invested over $70,000
Last Month: Invested over $30,000
After reading Tony Robbins' book, Money: Master The Game, I've been super motivated to invest more of my money. I'm not a fan of having money sit around and do nothing, so I believe learning how to properly manage and invest your money is an important skill. In February I invested over $70,000 in my trading account. My plan is to continue making monthly investments and to grow my net worth massively.
I first started investing since I was 18 years old – just contributing $100/month to a mutual fund, as I learned about the power of compounding from a book called The Wealthy Barber. Today, I'm more focused on investing in stocks and index funds, as well as trying to diversify my portfolio as much as possible.
7. I will easily launch my own physical product on Amazon using the Amazing Selling Machine by February 28, 2015.
Result: Product is selling, a few sales everyday, haven't launched to my blog yet
Last Month: Product is selling, haven't launched to my blog yet
My Amazon product has been selling a few sales per day now! Very excited with the progress I've made on it – it's almost like I'm re-living what it's like to make my first dollars online!
As you can see from the screenshot, I did $1500 in sales in the last 30 days. And I'm not even ranked on the first page yet for my keyword!
My plan is to continue promoting and launching it this way. I want to show and prove to people that you can be successful on Amazon without using your blog, YouTube channel or mailing list to promote it. That you can do it organically if you just follow the principles in the Amazing Selling Machine.
8. I will easily launch my own Kindle optimization software with my brother by February 28, 2015.
Result: Delayed, in progress
Last Month: In progress
I've been working with my brother on releasing a Kindle optimization software. It's been beneficial for me partnering up with him, as he can handle the more technical aspects and go back and fourth with the software developer, while I can focus on the marketing. The software is about 95% complete – then we'll be releasing it to a small number of people for further beta testing. It's coming along well, excited to launch it as it will really help Kindle publishers!
9. I will easily launch my own Kindle review software by March 31, 2015.
Result: Slow progress
Last Month: Slow progress
Very slow progress with this goal. I'm starting to lose motivation for it. I've put it on hold for now, while I figure out what I want to do with it. Right now it's fine, as I'm focusing my energy on projects that I'm more excited for and WANT to achieve.
10. I will easily launch my Kindle Virtual Assistant training program by March 31, 2015.
Result: Launch scheduled March 2015
Last Month: Almost complete!
My Kindle VA Training program is being launched in March 2015!
One thing that prevents people from really scaling up their Kindle publishing business is not developing the right systems by outsourcing and automating things. I'm big on hiring virtual assistants inexpensively to run 95% of the operations of my Kindle publishing business. This has allowed me to take a step away from Kindle publishing, free up a lot of time, and focus on all of the other projects that I am running… while my publishing empire grows!
I wanted to create more training on how to do this and how others can build a team to outsource everything like I've done. As it turns out, a long time ago I created these training videos and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) when I trained my own VA's previously. I've had these on my computer for so long, that I thought I'd might as well make them available for members of Mastering Book Publishing so that they can easily train their own VA's and just use the videos/documents that I've created.
I'm super excited for this goal – going to help A LOT of people.
11. I will easily launch and do my first ever Kindle live mastermind event in Vancouver with my brother by April 30, 2015.
Result: Sold Out
Last Month: 80% full
The launch of the Kindle Live Mastermind Event has been a huge success so far! In January, we got 8 people confirmed and signed up for it. We're now preparing for giving these people an amazing experience and helping them grow their Kindle publishing business to the next level!
12. I will easily create and launch my own self-development program with Clickbank by December 31, 2015.
Result: No progress made yet
Last Month: No progress made yet
I plan on starting this later in the year.
13. I will easily launch 30 CreateSpace books of my top selling Kindle books by December 31, 2015.
Result: 10 published so far
Last Month: 4 published so far
I trained my primary Virtual Assistant to format and publish my books to be paperback on CreateSpace. Now that my VA knows how to do it, it will be easy to scale up and publish a lot more books on there. Got more being published month by month.
To learn more about publishing books to CreateSpace, check out the Full Disclosure section of Mastering Book Publishing.
14. I will easily launch 20 audiobooks of my top selling Kindle books by December 31, 2015.
Result: 16 published so far
Last Month: 2 published so far
I recently learned how to make money turning my Kindle books into audiobooks and selling them on Audible. So far, I've been making EASY money with it. Audiobooks is such a huge opportunity right now, along with CreateSpace too. It's another way to diversify your income and re-purpose your Kindle books.
I'm working with a company to convert and publish my Kindle books into Audiobooks on Audible, and so far we've done 16 this year. They have a great team of voice talent and have experience publishing to ACX.
To learn more about publishing audiobooks to Audible, check out the Full Disclosure section of Mastering Book Publishing.
15. I will easily hire a new employee/assistant to help me grow my business by March 31, 2015.
Result: Hired & working with
Last Month: In progress
Right now I have someone working with me with Clickbank & JVZoo Integration, as well as someone else for Facebook marketing. It's been going well so far – but I want to make sure they're consistently working with me before I check off this goal as complete.
The person helping me with Facebook marketing is someone that approached me, sharing with me how he could help me grow my business in exchange for coaching. In the past, I've been hesitant to do bartering/exchange of services, as people often disappear and aren't as committed if they aren't getting paid. However, so far this relationship has been good and I look forward to it growing into a long-term win/win relationship.
Lifestyle, Relationships & Personal Development
I will easily travel to Las Vegas for the Amazing Selling Machine live event by February 28, 2015.
Result: Goal Achieved!
I attended the Amazing Selling Machine Live Event in February in Las Vegas and it was amazing! I got to see Robert Kiyosaki and Sir Richard Branson speak at it. Also, I learned a TON of awesome tips and strategies to help grow my Amazon products business.
Check out some pictures from the event:
I will easily travel to San Diego for the Traffic & Conversion Summit by February 28, 2015.
Result: Goal Achieved!
I had a blast in San Diego for the Traffic & Conversion Summit. I went with my brother and I also got to hangout with many friends that I have in the internet marketing industry. I learned a ton! The highlight speaker was Daymond John, from Shark Tank.
18. I will easily attend Leadership Academy by December 31, 2015.
Result: Scheduled for August
I'll be attending this event in August, but I haven't booked my ticket yet.
19. I will easily travel for 2 months to Europe with my girlfriend and celebrate our 1-year anniversary by August 31, 2015.
Result: Scheduled for May/June
I'm going to be visiting Europe at the end of May, start of June. It will likely be a 2-week trip, as opposed to 2-months as my girlfriend is limited with the time she can take off right now. Will likely do a more long-term trip later in the year.
20. I will easily travel for a 1 week vacation somewhere tropical by December 31, 2015.
Result: Nothing planned yet
Nothing planned here yet, but will likely be sometime in winter later in the year.
21. I will easily complete the Ultimate Relationship Program with my girlfriend by December 31, 2015.
Result: Completed first 2 CD's
Last Month: Completed first 2 CD's
My girlfriend and I have gone through the first two CD's of this program and so far it's excellent! We both enjoy learning and growing, so this program is great for us as it helps us build a strong foundation for our relationship. We didn't make any progress in February, so we'll have to pick things up in March!
22. I will easily complete the 100 Day Challenge by April 30, 2015.
Result: Over 60 days complete!
This goal is still in progress, but I'm over 60 days into the 100 Day Challenge. Loving this program, it's one of my favourites to do every year. It really helps get me motivated and focused on achieving my goals.
23. I will easily read or listen to at least 12 books by December 31, 2015.
Result: Read 3 books
I've read 3 books so far during 2015. I'm currently reading Get The Life You Want: The Secrets To Quick And Lasting Life Change With Neuro Linguistic Programming.
Here's a list of books that I've read so far this year:
- The Pencil Of A Promise: How An Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change
- Power Persuasion: Using Hypnotic Influence In Life, Love And Business
- Money: Master The Game
24. I will easily be certified in NLP by March 31, 2015.
Result: Completed first 6 days
I started a 9-day intensive NLP certification training program in January and February and have completed the first 6 days of it. I'm learning from Harry Nichols, who is someone that has apprenticed under Richard Bandler for 5 years. So far, I've been loving it and been applying a lot of the NLP techniques that I've been learning on myself and others.
NLP stands for Neuro Linguistic Programming, which is the science of how language affects the nervous system. The techniques taught allow you to be able to re-program your own thoughts, feelings and behaviours. It's powerful stuff!
25. I will easily build 2 schools with Change Heroes by December 31, 2015.
Result: Over $7,700 raised so far!
I'm excited that so far over $7,700 has been raised for my Change Heroes campaign to build a school in Ecuador! I want to thank those that have supported this cause so much, as it's going to make a huge difference.
There's so many young children around the world that have no access to education or school. As a result, they are lacking basic skills such as the ability to read, write and be in an environment where they can learn/grow. They have no opportunities in life and it not only affects them on an individual left, but hurts their entire city and country. This is an area I'm passionate to make a huge difference in!
If you haven't seen the campaign yet, click here. I appreciate all support and contributions greatly!
To check out my interview with Change Heroes founder Taylor Conroy, click here.
26. I will easily be a Big Brother and mentor children by December 31, 2015.
Result: Have done interview with Big Brothers
I've completed my application, criminal record check, and now interview in February with the Big Brothers program! Now it's just scheduling in my commitment to the program.
Mentoring children and being a role model to others is something important to me that I always strive towards. I watched a documentary called The Bully Project last year and it really motivated me to want to make a difference by working with young kids – to be a friend, a mentor or Big Brother.
Magic Moments & Lessons Learned In February 2015
February was an awesome month! Here's some of the biggest magic moments and lessons learned.
- Continually Feed Your Mind. I've continually been feeding my mind by listening to podcasts, watching videos and reading books. I've really noticed how big of a difference it makes by doing this, as you begin to change your behaviours and thoughts almost automatically.
- Get An Accountability Buddy. By having someone you talk to everyday to hold you accountable, you will be more on top of your game. I've noticed huge benefits of talking to a friend and pushing each other to achieve more and continually do better.
- Happiness is a habit. The more that you focus on what's great in your life and what you're grateful for, the more you'll be in that happy state. I've learned to really do this stuff constantly – all throughout the day. Not just in the morning, but in every moment!
- Neuro Linguistic Programming is the science of how our brain works. I feel like so many self-help books all talk about the same things, such as “set goals, be motivated, be consistent, take action, develop good habits, etc…”… however, many of them don't explain to you HOW on a deep level. With NLP, I am learning how the brain works and how to actually PROGRAM myself to do the things that I want to do. No more willpower or pushing myself involved. It's about programming your conscious and subconscious mind – how you represent things to yourself and process things. Very excited to learn more about this, practice more of the techniques learned and finish my NLP training.
These are some of the biggest lessons that I stand out for me during February. Overall, I enjoyed putting this Monthly Goals Report together and I look forward to doing one again for March. I’ve found that this public commitment has been pushing me to stay motivated and accountable as well, which is helping me to get more done also. Thanks for reading!
This page contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I only ever endorse products that I have personally used and benefitted from personally. Thank you for your support!