Using affirmations and incantations is one of the most powerful ways to change your life.
If you've seen my new morning ritual video, then you'll know that affirmations and incantations have been a consistent part of my daily routine. I use them daily to condition my mind and beliefs to move me towards my goals.
All of the classic self-help books talk about the power of affirmations. The idea behind them is that if you repeatedly say an empowering phrase to yourself again and again, your mind will start to believe it.
The same idea works if you continually say or repeat negative phrases to yourself again and again… your mind believes it and it becomes your new belief system.
Tony Robbins is the first person I know of to talk about incantations. He says that incantations are more powerful than affirmations, as with incantations you're engaging your physiology and emotions with the empowering phrase.
In the below video, I share with you some of the affirmations and incantations that I say to myself everyday as part of my morning ritual. I've also included a list of them below, so that you can freely copy and use any that stand out for you if you'd like.
Watch the video below:
How Do You Come Up With Affirmations And Incantations?
While it can be useful to search online and find a list of affirmations and incantations to copy, I highly recommend that you come up with your own.
I've provided a list below of mine, however they're a list that I've personally created that benefit me specifically. However, it can be useful to copy and use ones that you've found that resonate with you, as I've done that for myself also.
My strategy for coming up with affirmations and incantations is simple:
1. Write out any negative beliefs or phrases that are limiting you.
For example, you might find yourself say a lot:
“I don't have the time”
“I don't have the money”
“I'm too young”
“I can't put on muscle as a vegetarian”
One important thing to note: Whatever you say “I am” to enough times is what you will become. So if you keep saying to yourself, “I'm depressed” again and again, then that will be true for you. It will become your new identity for yourself. Your identity is a sum of beliefs about who you are.
2. Replace the negative beliefs or phrases with something more positive and empowering. Often times, this is just the opposite of the negative belief or phrase.
For example, here are some positive replacements for the limiting beliefs mentioned:
“I have all the time in the world. Time is the only thing that is equal – we all have 24 hours in a day. I MAKE the time for whatever I'm committed to.”
“I MAKE the money for whatever I'm committed to. I am resourceful and can always find a way to make more money. There's money all around me!”
“Youth is energy and charisma! I have what everyone in the world wants. Youth is my strongest asset.”
“I can easily put on muscle as a vegetarian! In fact, it is a easier, faster and healthier way to put on muscle. Thousands of others have done it, so I can too!”
“I am energetic and full of life! I can change my state and create energy in my body in any instant.”
“I am happy! I am in control of how I feel! I choose to be happy right now.”
By doing these two steps, you will come up with your own list of affirmations and incantations that can support your life.
Anytime you catch yourself saying something negative, limiting or disempowering – use that as an opportunity to create a new affirmation or incantation.
If you have goals of making money online, then create an incantation that can support you with that.
If you have goals of losing weight, then create an incantation for that.
If you want to wake up at 5AM every morning, then create an incantation around that.
It's that easy!
My List Of Affirmations And Incantations
Here is my list of affirmations and incantations as shown in the video. Feel free to copy or write down any of them if you feel they'd help you in your life.
- I eat to fuel my body, not satisfy an appetite.
- Nothing tastes as good as being healthy and fit feels.
- What I do today shapes my today and creates my tomorrow.
- I will improve 1% each day and give myself pleasure for tiny progress.
- The past does not equal the future.
- This too shall pass.
- I love my life!
- All I need is within me now.
- Every day in every way, I’m getting better and better.
- Life doesn’t happen to me, it happens FOR me.
- Everything happens for a reason and a purpose and it serves me.
- The best is yet to come.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
- Life is a gift and I enjoy each day fully.
- The more I focus my mind upon the good, the more good comes to me.
- The secret to living is giving.
- The smallest action can make a difference. My life is important. I can change the world just by being here, right now.
- Perfect health is my divine right, and I claim it now.
- I create my own beauty. I take care of my body, outside and in. I feel and look my best.
- I control how I feel – I can change my state in an instant.
- My home is a clean, warm, and happy place that supports my well-being.
- I am grateful for the riches in my life.
- I believe in my unlimited prosperity.
- I take massive action towards my goals everyday.
- I create money easily and effortlessly.
- My prosperous thoughts create my prosperous life.
- I honor my worth.
- I contribute and add value to the world everyday.
- Every cell of my body vibrates with energy and health.
- I am energetic.
- I am charismatic.
- Healthy food is a gift and a reward that I deserve everyday.
- My body is my temple.
- I make positive healthy choices.
- I have unstoppable energy everyday.
- I am a radiant being of light and spiritual love.
- I am always in harmony with the universe.
- I invite miracles into my life.
- I choose love, joy and freedom.
- I open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow to me.
- I love myself for who I am.
- I am a radiant person of positive energy.
- I am grateful for every moment of my life.
- I am comfortable with who I am.
- I am at peace.
- I attract only healthy, empowering relationships.
- I give and receive love effortlessly and easily.
- I have a fulfilling, loving and passionate relationship.
- My relationship is filled with love and passion.
- I am worthy of love.
- I am a source of love and inspiration for my family and friends.
- I am generous with love.
- I am blessed with a beautiful family.
- I am generous with my time.
- I am an amazing friend.
- Everything I touch is a success.
- I act promptly and decisively.
- I accomplish anything I put my mind to.
- I enjoy building my business everyday.
- My customers and visitors love the products and services I provide.
- If I am committed, there is always a way.
- My daily choices lead to my goals.
- My thoughts are positive and optimistic today.
- I learn from every experience in my life.
- Today is a winning day for me.
- I enjoy facing challenges that make me a better person.
- I feel great moving towards my goals today.
- My life is a series of successful choices.
- I live in the present and I live extremely well.
- Nothing keeps me from achieving my goals and living an amazing life!
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Abundance is God’s will for me and I will not settle for less.
- The Holy Spirit is my helper; I’m never alone and I have the peace of God.
- I live by Faith, not by sight.
- At last, at last., the past is the past, I’ve broken free and won! Now is the time for me to have some fun!
- God’s wealth circulates in my life. God’s wealth flows to me in avalanches of abundance; all my needs, desires, and goals are met instantaneously by infinite intelligence; and I give thanks for all of my good now and for all of God’s riches, for I am one with God and God is everything!
- I now command my subconscious mind to direct me in helping as many people as possible today to better htier lives, by giving me the strength, the emotion, the persuasion, the humor, the brevity, the confidence, the energy, whatever it takes to show these people and get these people to change their lives now!
- Now I am the voice.
I will lead, not follow.
I will believe, not doubt.
I will create, not destroy.
I am a force for good.
I am a force for God.
I am a leader.
Defy the odds.
Set a new standard.
- Food is construction material for the body. I will become what I eat, as food literally becomes the cells, organs, and tissues of my body.
- Food is fuel. I will be as energetic as the fuel I put into my bodily engine.
- Nutritious foods contain everything I need for perfect health.
- When I feed myself nourishing food on a consistent meal schedule, it stokes my metabolic furnace.
- It’s okay to eat for enjoyment or social reasons if I do it consciously and mindfully and I stay within the compliance rules and quantity limits I set for myself in advance.
- I’m totally conscious and aware of my beliefs about food and the reasons I eat.
- When I feel stressed or depressed, I have alternate ways to cope with those feelings.
- Healthy food that helps me burn fat and build muscle can be prepared in delicious ways.
- I realize that food can be one of life’s great pleasures and that completely denying myself of foods I enjoy is not productive in the long run.
- I don’t have to be perfect. If I eat healthy, natural foods at least 90 perfect of the time, I know I will get good results.
- If I set a compliance rule for myself, then there’s no such thing as forbidden foods. As long as I obey the law of calorie balance and eat only small amounts, I can still be healthy, develop a great body, and enjoy my favorite foods in moderation.
- If I want better results, faster, I realize that I may need to tighten up my nutritional compliance and I’m willing to do it if that’s what it takes.
- Everything I eat will have some effect on my body, but I realize that what I eat once in awhile doesn’t impact me that much.
- What’s most important is what I eat habitually, so I’m very conscious about what I eat repeatedly day after day. I understand and have great respect for the power of habits.
What Are Yours?
What are the affirmations and incantations that support you in your life?
I'd love to hear some and add some more to my list. Please leave a comment below and share a few phrases that empower you!
Please subscribe below to the video on YouTube or the iTunes podcast to get automatic updates:
- Click Here to Subscribe via YouTube
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
Thank you so much for your support, and if you have yet to leave a rating or review, please leave me an honest one on iTunes, YouTube or below on the blog. I appreciate it!